Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Dear Adam,

My thoughts have been so jumbled lately. I can't even seem to get down the words.
Like I told you, I started writing a letter to you a week or so ago. I re-read it and decided to start over. Since you're one of the only people who actually read my blog, I wanted to take your advice and write your letter here.

When I first met you, I could tell you were a genuine person. You have never changed to me in that aspect. Through everything I've gona through in my life, somehow you've ALWAYS had the right words for me.

You mentioned in one of our last meetings that you felt like my father, in the terms that you saw me making some decisions you weren't sure would benefit me and no matter what you aid, I still made those decisions. It's true. I've been quite the mischievious daughter to you, haven't I? Always agreeing with what you say but doing what I want anyways lol.
I always wanted to tell you what was happening in my life and make you proud. I'm not sure when our friendship became this way. I guess it's pretty amazing that you can choose your family sometimes, right? And you definitely are like a 2nd father to me in some aspects.

You're one of my best friends. I'm so blessed that you're in my life. I'm so sorry I haven't shown it like I wanted to. And trust me, I DID want to. But I have never really known how. I noticed a lot of our conversations were about me and my life, when it should have been equal.

You've extended your hand to me without fail every time I've asked for it. You've been here for me through all the Fisher drama, all my family drama, all my loss and gain... I had to grow up so young but never was I treated like an adult or equal until you walked into my life. You're an amazing teacher and a wonderful friend. I am SO proud of you and what you've accomplished for your life and what you're about to do. Rebuilding your life somewhere new is hard. But I know you'll flourish wherever life takes you.

I want you to know I'm here for you no matter how much distance seperates us. If we have to, we'll have our lunch dates over Skype lol.

I'm gonna miss you more than words can convey.

Saying goodbye to you the other day was so hard. Like I said, I feel like a lot of the people who helped me get through the last 3 years are slowly slipping away from me. Loss has been the constant topic of my life. I'm sick of it, but I know there's a reason for everything. God would never give me more than I can handle, right? :)

I kinda feel like I won't see you again. Mainly because of how far away you're moving and the fact that I know you're not as close to me as I am to you, if that makes sense.

I want you to be happy above everything else. And I feel like this will make you so happy. In turn, that makes me so pleased and excited for you.

Thank you so much for the honor of being my friend. I truly love you Mister Bottle lol.

<3Love

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment