Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I Wake Up In The Morning & Put On My Face; The One That's Gonna Get Me Through Another Day

Changes! I'm moving on Saturday yay! Going to Zanne's early to pack the rest of my room up, then my dad is coming over there to help me move my stuff, woohoo! lol.
I'm pretty excited. I'm getting a key from my friend, Andrea, who's house I'm moving to, sooner or later. Hopefully sooner in case she's not home Saturday. I'll also have a little more opportunity to do some photo shoots since there's lots of open space at the new apartment, so if you want a shoot done, just ask me =D
I'm in my photography class right now and for the first time, I've actually understood everything the teacher has taught me! We leaned about lighting today, yay! It reminded me that I need to go to Home Depot to get some lights and things to help out with my shoots =]

Now it's time for a change of pace. Book Review One!

Romiette and Julio
By: Sharon M. Draper



This book is an easy read. It has 62 short chapters over 320 pages. It's a modern day Romeo and Juliet, but it has a few twists. Julio Mantague is a Hispanic teen from a part of Texas that is overrun by gangs and violence, so he and is family move to Cincinnati where he meets the African queen, or so he thinks, Romiette Cappelle. It's like love at first sight except, they get to know one another before they decide they're in love lol. But gang violence isn't far away. Romiette and Julio find themselves in the middle of a gang called the 'Devildogs' who don't think the two teens should be together because of their opposing races. Hard times are ahead for the couple but they know they can make it through with some smart thinking, good friends, a video camera and each other.
The book is a very simple read. The writing feels a little immature at times, like it was written by a teen, but I think that's part of it's charm. Besides, I'm a sucker for love stories. 

Next, I'm reading 'The Olympians' series. I bought all the books at Barnes&Noble recently and I can't wait to get started.



It's sunny out today... have a good day filled with blue skies =D

No comments:

Post a Comment