Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The Last 2 Years

I've heard people sya that moving on from something difficult is the hardest part of life. Besides illness and stuff of that nature of course.
I mean, when you're so set in a pattern that it becomes everything that you are, suddenly being jolted out of that pattern can be frightening and not everyone bounces back to their amazing potential.

I know first hand about loss and hardship. My life these past two years has been extremely hard. It all started when I quit my job at Safeway in August of 2008. My grandmother, who was like my second mom, died in the same month. She was the one supporting me and my father, because she needed care that caused my dad to not be able to have a job. Taking care of her was our job. So we lived off of her social security checks. So you can imagine what a bind we were in when she passed. On top of unimaginable grief for a mother, we were forced to make some pretty tough decisions. My brother, Josh, lived with us for a bit to help with rent but we couldn't make it.
I ended up moving to my friend, Znne's, house and my Dad moved in with my aunt... well, sort of. He technically is homeless. He's never there, he sleeps in his truck. Things for my dad aren't going so well, still. Along with moving in with people I didn't know, I lost my financial aid due to bad grades. I just, wasn't feeling the whole school vibe. I was depressed and pessimistic and generally not a good person. My procrastination got the best of me but by the grac of God I somehow got my financial aid back.
Then in December my fiance of two years broke up with me. We got back together a week later, but we recently broke up again. We have been dating off and on since 2005.

So all of this... it's hardship. It's difficult and ugly and you know what? I'm fine.
My life is turning around. I'm doing well in school, without anyones help. I got a job at my local grocery store. I got my own place with my friend. I even got a puppy.
And despite the heartbreak of not being with my first love and high school sweetheart, I'm getting back on the horse and doing well in the dating aspect. No dates yet, but I've already had some offers xD

So, I guess the point of this blog was to tell you all... no matter what happens, things will get better. If you have good friends and a decent family and you trut in God, anything is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment