Sunday, January 9, 2011

A Reminiscent Dream...

"How do I find my way back to you?

To your loving arms
your warm embrace
the gentle touch
the soft kisses...

I hold a memory of you
in a faraway dream
in a land too forgotten
you were madly in love
and I took it for granted.

So much has changed
which is good...
but I can't help but wonder,
is this what you wanted?
Me by your side?

Maybe it was,
once upon a time.
The fairytale has ended and reality is setting in.
Am I good enough?

I want to believe I am
I want to inhale your scent
breathe in your love
feel the butterflies...

I want to feel like I'm your only one."

I've been having this reoccuring dream where I'm chasing after Josh. He keeps waiting up, so I can just barely graze his fingertips... then he keeps running away from me. He wants me to follow, so I keep running and running, in that painfully slow way that dreams make you run, until eventually I slow down and yell for him to stop or slow down. He does stop; he's a shadow in a doorway filled with light. I can't see his face but I feel like he's smiling or crying. He just shakes his head, no, and runs through the door, closing it behind him. Everything goes dark and I find myself sitting alone. This is one of the most intensly vivid dreams I've ever had. The colors as we're running are like photographs of people I've known or people I used to be friends with... like flashbacks to my entire life. Somewhere, during earlier memories that are laced with the images, I hear glass shattering and a man yelling at someone. But I'm too busy following Josh to notice who's voice it is. But as I sit in the dark, I don't feel afraid... like I usually would. I just feel left behind. I stand and walk in the direction of the closed door. I grasp the cold handle and turn. It swings open and I'm blinded by the fierce light.

Behind the door, three people are waiting for me in hooded cloaks. Idk who they are, and for some reason I can't ask them. But I feel like I know at least two of them. The other one is a mystery to me... but I feel oddly compelled to walk to them and pull down their hood... just to reassure myself they're real and not a fantasy... So I take a step closer and raise my hand...

And that's where it ends. Weird huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment