Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The Brightest Star

Many many stars up in the sky, sitting, shinning, flickering with life. I would always go out and look upon them. Dream, hope, wish, for certain things. There was always one star I would see. It shined the brightest I would always sit in the grass and stare at it, mesmerized by its beauty. Until recently I went out and it wasn’t there. The brightest, most amazing thing gone without a seconds notice.
I search, and search again through the sky and try to find it but I do not prevail. I sit in the grass. Sitting there with sadness. Something I loved dearly drifted away. When I looked up into that deep black sea of nothing but the faintest specks. I noticed something, something amazing. I saw that there was another star.
One that was not as bright but something about it made content, happy, relieved. I sat there and watched that star all night. Thinking about it, observing it. I watched through the morning and waited all day till the night which it would show again. I looked for it but it wasn't there... Just when I thought something anew would become. It didn’t. I am stuck lying, with nothing. Nothing close to my heart. Nothing to truly put my attention to. This is a pain everyone fears. It hurts everyone in many different ways. And I can tell you nothing right now hurts as worse as this.


-Anothny Olson

No comments:

Post a Comment