Friday, June 18, 2010

Chapter#: idk yet lol. The Calm Before The Cave

He stroked the hair out of her eyes. Not the most gentle movement, considering. But it was as gentle as he could make it. The intesity of his gray eyes captured her. The silver flecks in them held the secrets he was holding back from her; things he'd done that he thought must be unforgiveable.

"You don't have to do this. I know everyone says that but in this instance it's true. You have a choice." She knew she was being selfish. He would follow her into Hell if she asked. It was only on formality that she gave him a choice.

As if hearing her thoughts, "There's nothing you can do to keep me from going." He said quietly. "I may not have decided this fate on my own... but from the moment I met you, I knew it was what I was meant to do."

Satisfied with his response, her mouth upturned into a small grin. Sohail held out his hand. Sarah stared at it for a single, fleeting moment, unsure of whether or not she'd ever get the chance to hold his hand again when this was all over. For the first, and probably the last time, she took it.

They faced the vast mouth of the cave, hesitated, then proceeded inside. Both of them wondering if they'd make it back out.


Hey guys! So this is a little snippet from my novel. I hope you like it =D

No comments:

Post a Comment