Thursday, June 17, 2010

Toothless and StephenFitz

Have you seen that movie, "How to train your dragon"?

It's a cute 3D kids movie about a boy, who's a viking, struggling to fit in with the other vikings, which is hard because of how scrawny and weak he is. The business of these vikings is to kill the dragons of the surrounding area. No exceptions. Well one day, when the village is being attacked by dragons, this boy decides to try to kill his first. He ends up shooting a dragon with netting designed to trap it. Feeling excited for not failing, for once, he goes to find the dragon and discovers it's a rare breed no one has killed before. In the end, he can't muster the strength to kill the beast, even though it's defenseless, and lets it go free. Eventually he befriends the dragon, learns to ride him and names him toothless, because it can retract his teeth.

It's an amazing movie and I love it to death. Toothless it, without a doubt, my favorite character. So when I found out they were giving away toys from the movie at McDonalds, I immediately got Adam to ask them if I could have one.

Yeah, I know, I'm such a kid =)

I left the toy Toothless in Adam's car, on the visor in the passenger seat.... my seat. It was there for the better part of a month, because Adam was off doing his own thing(cough cough... America's Got Talent... cough cough) but I, in no way, forgot about it.

Yesterday... the sting of betrayal filled me. Adam told me that he and Chrissy had taken Stephen to the airport to go on his coast guard adventures down south. Chrissy spotted my Toothless in the visor and came up with a clever little whim... "Hey, let's put it in Steve's luggage and he'll see it when he gets there."

So now Toothless... my car buddy... my awesome dragon... is in freaking Mobile, Alabama. Damn it.

Chrissy... game on.

Adam... beware.

Steve... take good care of it or the squirrel gets it!

No comments:

Post a Comment