Saturday, December 19, 2009

Yesterday

As I wrote, I had dinner with family. Both sides of my family have never exactly been pleasent to me. So I was dreading going yesterday.
When I got there, I met my mom outside and headed inside the restaraunt. The people who came were me, my mom, my great grandma, my aunt debby and my distant cousins whom I've never met before, Clinton and his wife, Joanne and her mother. The only person I was nervous about seeing was Debby. She's never been the best person. I was also nervous about meeting new people.
But, surprisingly, I enjoyed myself. Clinton and Joanne were such nice people. I regretted not being able to meet them sooner. Dinner was nice and we talked and laughed and I felt something I never really have with my family... belonging.
Afterwards, Clinton gave me a ride home. We talked and talked for almost an hour in my driveway about his life and my life and our thoughts and opinions on so many different subjects. It's hard to believe he's my cousin lol. He and I are very similar. We can read people and completely agree on so many things. The number one thing we agreed upon was, "It's not what you say to somone, it's how you say it." Like with tone.
We exchanged cell numbers, emails and different websites we go on and he left. And I felt really happy because... I knew that no matter how my other family members treated me, at least I have two people related to me who care about me and offered me help anytime I needed it.

I was very surprised by yesterday. Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment